CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

20 June 2008

I'm on a roll (I can't be bothered)

An update here for those interested (I'm not offended if that's not you): Ricki Lake, after being specifically referenced in the resolution that I linked to earlier, decided to (with her publisher) write a response to the personal attack. Click here if you'd like to read what she has say. After wide-spread disgust for the AMA and ACOG's ridiculously worded smear against Lake, the two organizations scrambled to "reword" their resolution, removing the reference to her (and subsequently blaming each other for the original inclusion...hehe). For those of you who are reading this, wondering what all the fuss is about and why some of us are up-in-arms, realize that even if you aren't (and never intend to be) a "homebirther", these two bodies would like to categorize home birth as tantamount to child abuse, and if they can do that, legislation to that effect could likely follow. If home birth is criminalized, what next?

5 "atta girl"s:

Bruce Judisch said...

Yeah, well, you're bucking the hospital lobby, ya know... ;-)

And thanks for the comment on my blog regarding my publisher. Will keep you guys posted.

BTW, pray for Collin & Janelle. They drove out of our driveway this morning at 9:30 on their way to Alabama. Pray for Jeannie and me, too. As grateful as we are for their job, another parting wasn't very much fun.

You guys rock! Miss you in San Antonio!

Trish said...

That's ok, the ACOG also recommends newborn screening for up to 27 conditions...most of which there are no interventions for. So you could know that your newborn has the genetic marker for X and will definitely have it at age 35....why??

Anonymous said...

You've got to be kidding me!? How in the world do they get home birthing is child abuse?

I was never brave enough to do home birthing, but I have to commend you for doing it!!

Tami said...

Hehe. Love it!

Tiffany said...

Wow, very interesting. I have not yet had any homebirths but I certainly want that option to remain open for all women. I have had 3 hosp. births. *cold chill runs down my spine* After #3, I swore off hospitals. But I'm still a little nervous about homebirth.