CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

17 August 2005

Shatter the plate now, crush the glass...

Ok, I'm super-sad and fussy. Dave just left for 4 days, and I'm already lonely. He hasn't been away from us in so long, and I haven't been left with all 4 kids before. We'll see how it goes. I'm definitely not an alone person (no comments from the peanut gallery) so the evenings will be sad for me. Maybe Dok will come over to keep me company. I know I won't get much sympathy from Annie, since her husband has been a virtual stranger (no pun intended) for weeks now. But I still have to whine a bit. All that said, I'm so happy Dave got to go to this landscaping expo in Dallas with Garfield (the friend with whom he's working). There should be a phethora of info and demonstrations -- hopefully a big help to their business. We're grateful he's going....I'll be grateful when he's home :-)

12 "atta girl"s:

Lyric said...

I didn't hear any whining, just reality... :)

Really, it's a good thing you miss the one you love!

And since I don't consider myself part of the "peanut gallery" I'll refrain from making any jokes about going nuts caring for four kids solo!

Kristen said...

Oh you're part of the gallery...anyone who could possibly side with Mom while she makes a crack about me belongs in the gallery.

Anne said...

Kris, I'm your BIGGEST sympathizer - being a single mom is no fun. Make sure to whine a lot when your husband calls, it helps immensely and makes him feel just guilty enough that he'll take you out for a nice dinner when he gets back.

Granny said...

HEY!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I hit enter before I meant to. What I meant to say was, HEY, what about me going nuts here caring for all MY kids without YOU??

Papa said...

You said, "There should be a phethora" in your post. Do you think we have a Plethora of Pinatas? (from The 3 Amigos)

Kristen said...

Oh he better take me out, since HE'S MISSING MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!That should earn me a million extra guilt points.

Kristen said...

Its ok Mom, your kids are happy to have a break from the Wicked Witch of the West.

Anne said...

Yeah mom, that's not fair - I'm sure Tim sleeps through the night and can dress himself these days :-)

Kristen said...

Annie, remember we're talking about Timothy, the Babiest Baby Prince of all time.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen. It's Johanna... I'm at work, supposed to be exploring some great resource for my shelter but caught up in exploring blogs. :) Go figure. Anyhow, I sympathize with you... "missing" is something I am VERY familiar with! And four kids alone - hats off to you. My one has kept me just busy enough for me thankyouverymuch. ((smirk))
Anyways, whining can be good for the soul. Get it out... that's what my son believes anyhow. hehehe

Kristen said...

You can haunt my blog anyday, Johanna!