CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

20 August 2005

Pour me a glass of wine, we'll talk into the night...

Its my birthday. And Dave is home. We went to dinner, and stuffed our faces with all the good stuff at the Cheesecake Factory (thanks to Christine's nice gift) and had a great time. Bethany was a great babysitter, but refused to take my money. So, we stopped at the HEB and bought her a case of Mountain Dew. She took it. So, I started to feel a bit old for the first time ever, which I didn't expect to feel. But that led to me thinking about how blessed I am at 29. To have grown up in a family where each one is cherished and honored. To have these 4 sweet children who all love me so much. And to have this man God gave me who loves me more than his own life. Its all too much, and I know I don't deserve it, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

5 "atta girl"s:

Anonymous said...

Nothing compared to the joy you give back to all of us, Kristen.

And as for Bethany, I see she's used the old "No, I won't take your money, how about buying me something my folks won't buy for me??" trick. It worked again. Rats.

:-)

Lyric said...

So you started to feel a bit old...LOL Well remember this, although I don't remember who said it, "Age is not important unless your cheese or wine!"

How wonderful that you feel and experience the love around you. May you be reminded of it daily - on those days of certain "insanity" as well as those days of certain "sanctuary."

Welcome to the next new year!

Anne said...

Its exciting to have reminders from my parents AND my older sisters that as great as marriage and family is at this moment, it only gets sweeter each year. I look forward to being 29!

Lyric said...

Oh, so reminders from the peanut gallery are just kinda second rate!! Hurumph...

Still think it's true, it you're not cheese or wine, age just isn't that important.

Please let me believe that as I near 50!

Johanna said...

I think I'll chime in here a little late, but nonetheless. :)Geesh I hope I don't rain on any parade or sound toooo pesimisstic or awful here... but here goes...

I look forward to being 29... it's only a few years away... but something I have learned, and I hope to teach Josiah, is that there is no gaurantee that life will get better. Today is what it is, and I am blessed and thankful for today - without regard to tomorrow. At 24, I thought life would only get better... but it certainly got worse before it got better. So while I hope to teach Josiah that God will never leave us in that "worse" place... He will allow us to go there at times, and during those times, we can call up on the years and the moments and the promises that we hold close. You will always have this year, this moment, this feeling, this family... this.

You are really blessed, Kristen, and I am happy to read about how you are aware of it and joyful. I celebrate with you, and hope you stuffed your face with just ONE extra bite of cheesecake for me! :)