CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

22 August 2005

And so she woke up, woke up from where she was, lying still...

Today is laundry day, so that tomorrow can be packing day. This is the "ick" factor, involved in all travel. But, I'll have everyone know (ok, just Aubrey) that I made a PACKING LIST, my first one ever!!! Can you believe it! That was very type "A" of me I think, and we'll see how well is serves me. I'll use this trip as a test case for planning. Anyway, we are so excited about vacation, can't wait to get there, but hate the "getting ready". We got the 3 older kiddos new backpacks from LLBean, super-fun colors, and so they'll have their own "I don't have to fuss a lot on the plane because I have books, toys and fun (non-messy!) snacks to keep me occupied" kits. That's my pipedream anyway, and I'll let you know later how it pans out. I can't wait for my kids to see the ocean. Warren is nervous that we'll be putting him in the ocean, which is not good, because then he might get wet or cold or both. Henry is excited because he might get in the ocean, which is good, and get wet or cold or both. They are funny boys. Ok, well typing here means I am not doing all the "trip things" I'm supposed to be doing, so guess I should go away and get busy.

6 "atta girl"s:

Anne said...

This is why you teach your kids to "cry without weeping, talking with speaking, screaming with raising their voice". I plan to use that with Erin, especially on long trips.

Kristen said...

I assume you meant "without speaking", etc. I prefer them to be seen and not heard.

Anne said...

yeah yeah, sometimes i'm forced to type one-handed :-P

Papa said...

Tell me about it. I remember walking miles in our house on base during H1, holding a cholicky Annie, playing an early electronic baseball game. It was murder. I don't know how many homeruns I missed because of that baby.

Lyric said...

Safe travels. Good health. Blessed memories. And lots of Slaughter laughter!

Johanna said...

HEY WAIT?!?!!!!

Can we go? Josiah and I need a vacation, too, and all these trips are REALLY starting to get to me. The Surgeon General posted a warning about this...

(((smirk)))

Have a GREAT time. Hug all kids for me and Josiah