CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

19 December 2007

red, gold, and green

Heehee -- amuses me that I actually used a Culture Club lyric in my title...ah, the 80's. Anyway, here's the yumminess that we made yesterday! My computer was confused by me evidently, and added them all out of the order I had chosen. I'm pretty sure that you'll understand that the baked cookies came before the frosting, so I'll not insult your intelligence by numbering them. We had a great time, and I wouldn't have done it if sis wasn't here. In fact, I'm still slightly in shock that I did it at all, but now that its over, I'm very glad I forced myself to get it done. And for the benefit of those who might be impressed at my improvements, I did not burn even one cookie out of the 9-10 dozen I baked! My one disappointment this year was that I couldn't find red hots anywhere. I don't really even know how to eat a Christmas cookie without red hots, and I miss the few cookies that get blessed with 3 dozen red hots(courtesy of Josh or Henry). It was sad, and I'll make sure to look for them earlier next year. I love all the colors!!
Carrie did very well, and ate well, too.
Can't remember who won.
Finally, they get rewarded for their hard work.
Liam thought he had just won the lottery.

Here are my 116 cookies!
Details, details
And plenty more detail w/ this guy
Not so much here ;-)
Dok made it all more fun.



6 "atta girl"s:

The Fox Den said...

You're cookies looked fantastic! Great job and the kids appear to have had a blast and very happy in Sugar City! Isn't it why we do this parenting thing, it's all about making them happy and cleaning up the mess ;)

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Wow, I am in shock how much your kids have grown! They barely look like the children I fell in love with in SA! Miss you guys, enjoy those cookies!

Nic Ridley said...

Looks like so much fun - and very tasty!

Stephanie said...

Yay! You did it!

So did you double or triple the recipe to get 116 cookies?!

Kristen said...

Tripled my Mom's recipe. Glad I didn't go w/ my original thought of a quad-batch.

Rebekah said...

Wow that looks like fun! Can't even imagine so many cookies!