CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

01 December 2007

haul out the holly

So, Tree Night Pt. 1 -- we decorated our tree last night! We have lots of helpers now, as well as pseudo-helpers, so its an interesting game. I think we're finally collecting enough ornaments that not all can fit on a normal tree anymore! If we had space enough in our house, we could set up our smaller tree and cover it with ornaments, too. With such small kids, its so funny to watch them as all the ornaments come out of the boxes....here are the typical responses:

Liam: (ornament in mouth) Uh-huh! (his favorite word)

Carrie: I love this pink heart, its my favorite! Know why, Daddy? Cause its pink like me! No, this pretty angel is my favorite, just like I'm an angel! Oh! Look at this flower stocking -- I love pretty flowers!

Henry: (totally uninterested in the paraphernalia) Aren't there supposed to be donuts?

Warren: (arranging a line of ornaments) This is my 1st favorite, this is my 2nd, this one is my 3rd (etc, etc, etc)

Molly: I can't believe you boys don't remember this ornament! Mom, they don't even know about this stuff!!

Some pics of the hard work...






The 2nd part coming soon

3 "atta girl"s:

T2Irish said...

Henry is a little man after my own heart ;-) LOL

The Fox Den said...

What a great night! I LOVE Henry's hair... it's grown so much since we saw him. I think we have the same star on top of our trees... we must be BFF's.

Stephanie said...

Hmmm...your tree looks suspiciously heavy on the ornaments at the eye-level of certain elves that are, say, between about 3-4 feet tall....

Garfield and I are way too Type A, I think. Our tree always has ornaments glopped at Emma's eye level, and then when she's asleep we try to evenly distribute them....ahhh, symetry. Ok, now we can breathe again.