CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

30 October 2005

we get to carry each other


This is an old photo, from 2 years ago at the Pumpkin Patch, but I like it. Dave is gone, left yesterday for Virginia. We are definitely not meant to be apart. This is going to be tough on all of us. The weekend has actually gone smoother than I anticipated. I even got all 4 ready for church and sat through most of service until the Carrie decided to stop being helpful. So, we just have to make it through 3 weeks. I will try my hardest to be SuperMom, though I know that if ever I'm a good Mom its because Dave is a great Dad. If I have to do this for a few months, I'm not sure how I'll deal with that. But I'm trying not to get ahead of myself and panic about that yet. I'll just keep my panicking to the immediate issues at hand. Warren asked today where Daddy was, and when I said "You know where he is", he replied "Oh yeah, on vacation". I assured him that Daddy was indeed working and that if left us for 3 weeks for vacation, he'd have a lot to answer for when he came back. I'm sure I'll have plenty to whine about while he's gone, so be sure to keep checking back.

7 "atta girl"s:

Lyric said...

Well, I'm front row and center, listening and praying as your journey unfolds. Oh, but I don't hear any whining, so please make sure and highlight that part next time so I'll know... ;)

I say this often (because is so true!) - God's way are mysterious! We may well be watching Him leading ya'll into a fresh start where dreams do come true...

And tell Warren that Daddy's not on vacation but Lyric is and she's heading your way!

Rebekah said...

I know where you're coming from and I only have half the children you do! It's tough to take on both mommy and daddy roles and that feeling that you'll just burst into tears any second because you miss them so much is harder to hide when your child just is too young to grasp that daddy is coming back. Fortunatly, family is not a far cry for help!

I too will be here 'listening' to the challenges that you'll face while Dave is gone.

Kristen said...

We're excited to see you Lyric! The kids are waiting to show off for you. And Rebekah, can't wait to see you too! Thanks for all the encouragement.

Anne said...

we'll do our best to take good care of him while he's staying with us, and can't wait for the day when he swoops back down to TX to pick y'all up!

Johanna said...

I'm praying your time without Dave will be filled with silly laughter, precious moments and talks that may otherwise not have come up, and a sense of thankfulness that your hubby is off exploring God's plan and his responsibility to his family.

I know how hard being alone is - not just raising kids, but in the not having anyone on the pillow next to you to share the load and unleash your thoughts... keep us posted, and know we're praying. :)

Stephanie said...

One week down, Kristen! Keep us posted on everything. Oh, and Annie, we're working on forgiving you and Caleb for trying to steal away our friends and business partner! ;)

Anne said...

i know, we're sorry to be so selfish! :-) i just got tired of being the only warren in virginia!!