CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

08 November 2005

Indicate precisely what you mean to say

Updating the blog hasn't been highest on my priority list, which I'm sure doesn't surprise any of you. After 11 days of Dave being gone, I'm bored of this. We have 13 days until he's back. A happy thing is that we got webcams, so now the kids and I can see him and talk to him. I'm hoping that will help the baby not forget him. The kiddos are really starting to get sad about him being away, and they ask about him a lot. Molly is having a tough time without him, and also with the idea of maybe moving. I think it will be the hardest on her, and so I'm trying to be sensitive to that as we talk and plan.

Dave is doing well in VA. He is enjoying the work so far, loving the cooler weather that is eluding us here in Texas. I think I'll have more of an update of where we believe God is leading in my next blog. For now we keep praying that His will is clearly laid out for us.

CJ is back at the Dr today, and we're hoping for something. We don't know what. Well, healing I guess. She is discouraged, and still in pain. Hopefully this long road won't be too much longer.

I have a friend who is suffering. Really suffering. And I hate it. Its so hard to watch someone you love hurting. Especially when you can do nothing to stop it. His ways are higher than our ways.

3 "atta girl"s:

Granny said...

No, we can't stop the suffering, but we can wrap around and be family. . .grateful for the opportunity to provide refuge and comfort. . .

Lyric said...

You know, Kristen, I admired what I witnessed last week...your caring for children who miss their daddy from a heart that misses your husband's arms, all the while balancing an uncertain timetable and other painful realities, not to mention a guest in the house... :)

While painful, it is a good thing to miss the man the man God gave you and have children who want him to hurry home! That's not the reality for millions of families. You two have done a wonderful job creating and nurturing "family" regardless of the challenges.

My prayers are with ya'll. I know that God will bestow fresh grace and mercy upon you each morning. And we can be confident that His direction won't be a minute late.

Anne said...

i have been crying for that friend for two days now. i don't even know how to pray, but confident that the Spirit is interceding with the perfect words.