CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

25 October 2005

how long til my soul gets it right?

I feel like buying clothes today -- of course I don't have money, so that's a problem. New clothes are fun! I want to bring CJ home some clothes too since she's leaking and can't do much but sit in a chair. Maybe I'll "come into money" and then shop.

So my 3 best friends from college -- Jackie, Janelle, and Amy -- and I are planning a trip next summer! Wahoo! The 4 of us were known suspiciously as "the Posse" around campus, and we wore that label like a tiara. We had all kinds of fun, broke a few rules, broke a few hearts :-) and other college nonsense. For the most part we have kept in touch for the past 10 years and seen each other a few times. At Amy's wedding in summer 2003 we were all together, but that's the last time. So, we're trying for a Posse reunion in Chicago (the site of our dubious origin) summer 2006. Sooo excited!!

Dave is preparing for leaving Saturday to go to Virginia. I am so torn with being so sad about the separation and wanting him to just GO already so we can find out if this is where God is taking us. There are so many emotions swirling, and I'm sure that will continue for a bit. I told him we have to get webcams so Carrie won't forget him :-(

Cooler weather is finally here....aaaaahh. Its so nice to wear long sleeves and not sweat. This morning when I woke up it was 40 degrees! Of course it will be close to 80 before the days out, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. I'm just hoping we can wear sweaters on Thanksgiving Day, and that's not always a given around here.

5 "atta girl"s:

dok said...

new clothes are fun! why can't we be rich?

Anne said...

they don't save you money on car insurance.

Johanna said...

No, I guess they don't. But they sure do work some magic on me... I've always told my mom that "retail therapy" is effective and safe treatment for all sorts of my issues. :)

Kristen said...

For real! I'm not sure why its not recognized as a legitimate form of psychological treatment. Works for me.

Kristen said...

No you're not Misty -- I spend hours gettng excited about which song lyric to use next on my blog...is that the same as no life? My college buds and I used to sing the "Romeo and Juliet" track from the same album at the top of our lungs for therapy.