CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10 October 2005

take my tears and that's not nearly all

I think things are better in the whole of our lives. At least some things. CJ is still a half-invalid, but getting better it seems. That is making us all happy. I assume the Doc will tell her to still take it easy for a few weeks, maybe stick around here for a while so we can boss to her to lie still a lot, but she's on the mend. It was scary, seeing her in so much pain and no one being able to fix it. I told her that with all that pain, she'll have no trouble with childbirth some day.

Mom is better too, though she's still dealing with some troubles from her surgery. She has had so many troubles from so many things, and I hope she gets a trouble break here soon.

Pawpop will meet with the Dr. on Wednesday to discuss starting his radiation. I guess it will start pretty quickly. This is scary, and we're just praying that one round will get rid of the cancer. The holidays are a terrible time to have to go through this (is there a good time?) but I know that God's peace will be with them through it all. Pawpop is so much more trusting than I am, and watching him face this is humbling.

Dave's job at Target is going fairly well. He's trying to learn how to get enough sleep on his off days which is a challenge. But he's managing better than I had hoped, and that makes me thankful. I like him a lot.

Ok, was just listening to this and I love this song (anyone else like David Wilcox?):

what is it really that's keeping me
from living a life that's true?
when the worries speak louder than wisdom
drowns out all the answers I knew
so I'm tossed on the waves of that surface
still the mystery's dark and deep
with a much more frightening stillness
underneath

3 "atta girl"s:

Stephanie said...

I guess that's one good thing about everything going sour at once...it can only get better from there. We love you guys and are praying for all these trials.

Granny said...

Like Lyric said over on her blog tonight, sometimes God's "safety net" is made up of the hearts and arms of the ones who love us. We've got so many arms we get tangled sometimes, but we're never alone :-)

Anne said...

its amazing how much we count on relief coming in huge waves, when really a lot of the time we just have to be content with feeling better in small increments. kind of like getting really mad and wanting to scream about it (just to let it all out) but having to control your temper and just let little puffs of steam out every once in awhile. not nearly as humanly satisfying, but much more beneficial to our character.