CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

01 November 2008

there's someone else I've got to be

After more ridiculous blogger issues, I was finally able to get some pictures loaded of our annual Halloween fun. This year in attendance was a soldier, power ranger, Venom spidey, Cinderella, and the cutest little dragon you have EVER seen (and for those you keeping track, yes, the boys recycled costumes from last year...this is what happens when you have a bunch of kids without the Halloween budget to match). Plus, they were joined by cousins (and neighbors) Erin, as Sleeping Beauty, and Judah, as Robin Hood (or Peter Pan...take your pick). Of course they had a blast amassing levels of candy approaching illegality, and showing off their costume finery. And here I am shaking my head that I, in all my motherly concern, had finally thrown away the last of the candy from the Independence Day parade, and here we go again. I imagine I'll throw away more to allow for one or two candy-free weeks before Christmas stockings. AAAAHHHH!! I'll never win the "make-my-kids-healthy" fight, so I might as well quit trying.

Don't you want to take this dragon home? I know! Too bad he's ours.

The SlaWel kids, ready for the bounty.


Hi. I'm the neighborhood candy pusher. Don't worry kids, every kid is eating this stuff. Don't worry, just take it.


I could squeeze and kiss Jude all day. He's so fun. This was Liam's suit from last year...so glad its seeing some action again!



Liam's fun pumpkin decorations came from his super-cool Aunt Beth. He looooves it, and points, saying, "Kuh-kin!"




The SlaughterHouse 5 with their hard work. Or maybe it was their loving Dad's work. Can't remember.





Pretty nice, eh? We had parents of trick-or-treaters stopping to take pics of Dave's handiwork. I made sure to tell them that the talent was solely a Slaughter trait. Warren traits are more of the "intangible" variety. Hehe.















4 "atta girl"s:

Granny said...

You mean intangible in the "Total Eclipse of the Heart" vein?

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes! And the pumpkins look awesome! Great work kids...uh, I mean Dave. :)

the mccann clan said...

Thanks for sharing, it looks like everyone had lots of fun! :)

Janice and family said...

Lovin' the kun-kins!
Wow the kids are getting BIG!
So much fun!