CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

24 November 2007

I'll share this love I find with everyone

Thanksgiving Day was super! After prepping for 2 days (with much help from Beth), I spent all day Thursday cooking, while Dave was cleaning and getting the place ready for guests. The turkey was my main hang-up, but I was very surprised that it turned out beautifully, better than I expected! Our guests arrived late in the afternoon, and we had some time to visit before our meal. The Pippins are a family in our church, and Andre is in the middle of his 2nd consecutive year in Saudi Arabia. Caroline has been a single mom to their 3 children, and its been a tough haul for all of them (he won't be home until June). Their relatives live far away, so we asked them to spend the day with us, and we had a great time! The kids had fun playing video games and super heroes, while the adults sat around trying to figure out why we had eaten so much food. And it was wonderful to have Beth here to celebrate with us! We feel so blessed and had much for which to thank our God!

Molly loves to fold napkins for special dinners
The house barista at work (can you say "egg nog lattes"?)
Our family w/ the Pippins: Caroline, Andrew, Rachel, David (Beth was shooting, so escaped this one)
And Annie came over after for Denver biscuits and pie -- but to be fair, I think it was baby Judah demanding the calories, not her.

2 "atta girl"s:

The Fox Den said...

I love it and am envious of the latte machine! Great job with everything. I knew you'd make it all happen beautifully! What a blessing that was for your friends.

Granny said...

It makes me smile to see Molly folding napkins!

And as for Annie, there's no way she could be 37 weeks!

Congrats on your initiation into the Thanksgiving Dinner club...sounds like you did a great job and I'm sure your friends (and family) were blessed by all your efforts :-)