CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

21 November 2007

blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside

So, tonight I'm reflecting on a few things for which I am thankful, while there are so many more that I don't have the energy to list:

*gracious provision for each and every day, from the Giver of all good gifts
*a husband who not only works hard, but tries in so many ways to serve me
*the 5 children I treasure, not just the 4 that I always said I wanted
*a rockin' 17 year-old sister who just finished helping me bake!
*pumpkin (anything)
*traditions from our families to share with our kids
*new traditions that make the SlaughterHouse unique
*an amazing heritage
*friends that spur me on to better things
*winter coming
*a wonderful fellowship of believers that we are so blessed to have
*that I can truly be thankful, really in awe of His goodness, and not just say it

Our celebration tomorrow will be joyful and abundant, yet bittersweet as we think of those we are missing. I hope that yours is rich, memory-making, and full of love!

3 "atta girl"s:

The Fox Den said...

Love you! I'm thankful for you and your wonderful recipes!!

Stephanie Breuner said...

blessings to you on this Thanksgiving morning. Tell everyone Happy Thanksgiving for me.

You mentioned that you wished we lived closer so that I could teach you some sewing tricks. that would be AWESOME!! Maybe if you moved to the NW, summer would become your favorite season, since you know that the Pacific NW is the best place in the world and summer is much more bearable without the humidity (Virginia? is it humid there?) or the super hot dry heat (San Antonio?)

Candace/Chloe said...

Hope your Thanksgiving was blessed! We had a wonderful time at your parents....the only thing that could have made it better would have been you and your family being there.

As we were driving up to the house, Seth said, "I wish Wes still lived here."

Miss ya!