CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

05 September 2007

if I could, I'd do anything spontaneously




Once again, Henry has made it (safely?) to his next birthday! He is 5 today, and will start the day with Count Chocula cereal (that mean Mom never lets him have except on his birthday), and we'll have a party tonight where he'll collect his loot. Pictures of that to come! Not much has changed, Henry is still a fireball of energy and constantly pushing me to the point of exhaustion, but is also the crowd favorite in almost all settings. He's an entertainer, loves most forms of weaponry, and is currently on a Ninja Turtle and Harry Potter kick (sometimes they even cross paths...don't ask). We're starting a **bit** of Kindergarten stuff, but I know him well enough to know that starting very slowly and tricking him into learning will help keep me sane. No seat work (or sitting, for that matter) for this boy, school will mostly be completed while standing on his head, or on some unsuspecting sibling. Happy Birthday Cricket!

6 "atta girl"s:

T2Irish said...

Hippo, birdie, two ewes...to you!

Papa said...

I'll help teach him to read like I did Molly. I told Molly (she was about 4 or 5, just starting phonics) that tree was spelled, "ghee, line, eight, va". then I told her to go ask her Mom if that was right.

Henry, resist as long as you can! Happy Birthday.

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday, Henry! He's such a cutie!

Papa, you must be out there teaching the general public how to spell.... ;)

The Fox Den said...

Congrats Henry... way to keep your Mom rolling!

Dee Dee said...

Kristen,
I borrowed (okay, stole) your cute tradition, hope you don't mind! Today Grace is 7 & last night we let her pick a cereal. She chose Fruity Pebbles. She was so happy, I think maybe she'd have been fine without any (more) presents!
Thanks for the tip!
Dee Dee R., NC

the mccann clan said...

Hi Kristen! Wow - he's huge, and beautiful, and time sure does fly! It's great to catch up on your lives! Much love and blessings!

www.the-mccann-clan.blogspot.com