CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

23 July 2007

imagine me and you, and you and me

We just got back from our first Slaughter family camping weekend, and it was a wonderful success! Everyone had fun, and with 7 people that alone is amazing. We went to Greenbrier State Park in Boonsboro, MD and pitched our tent. I wasn't so sure how this would go with a baby in a port-a-crib and 2 still in diapers. And any new adventure with 5 short people is pretty tough to plan for, but it was so great. We cooked over the fire, hiked, swam in Greenbrier Lake (pictures of that later), made s'mores, and the Slaughter family-famous "dough balls" (YUM!), and wonder-of-wonders, everyone slept! The first night wasn't so fun, since Dave and I were freezing. That was totally my fault as I didn't figure in that temps would be lower at night up there, so our very thin, old blanket didn't do much. We bought a warmer blanket for the 2nd night and slept much better. The kids loved it and can't wait to go back. I think we'll be camping much more often now that we've all had a taste of it and came home happy.

Here's our great family tent.
The happy camping Dad with his babies.
Going to bed was never so much fun!
Our youngest camper -- what a trooper.


7 "atta girl"s:

Rebekah said...

Looks like fun!

Candace/Chloe said...

HOW FUN!!!! We can't wait to take the kids camping....they have been asking to go for a long time! We haven't been since the girls were little, so we'll have to try and plan something soon!

So glad you all had a great time!

The Fox Den said...

I'm envious! We have to come out so you can teach us to camp!

Stephanie said...

Better you than me, girl! We used to LOVE tent camping...until we tried it with babies, that is. Let's just say I've been sufficiently traumatized. I probably won't attempt it again until all our kids are over the age of 12...or maybe when my memory starts to fail me--whichever comes first.

But I'm so glad your trip was a smashing success!

sis said...

yay, what fun! i can't wait to see y'all!

shelley said...

that looks like so much fun! give all the kids a kiss for me!!!!

D said...

Oh Kristen! How is my favorite person to argue with? There is no way that we will ever try to catch up with you and the Fuchs. You guys are amazing. Tell Dave hi for me.