CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

22 March 2008

but can you blame me? I was only a kid.

The other day we were spending some time with our new friends, the Taylors, and those are days that the SlaughterHouse kids (and their mother) love. We were there for dinner and then a late evening of playing, came home, and the kids went straight to bed. In the morning, as the kids were coming down for breakfast, I noticed that Carrie had some stuff in her hands that she was trying to surreptitiously take to the table with her. I asked, "Whatcha got there, Sunshine?", to which she replied, "Oh, nothing...just some stuff I took from Caleb and Anna's house". Ok. What?? I told her to bring me her loot, and she lays out a crayon, purple ear plug (chewed by Liam already), blue marble, and a AA battery. Very nice. "So Carrie, why did you steal this stuff?" I figure she'll have a really good reason, and then I hear, "I was playing with it and decided to take it home". Oh good, I feel better now. We had a talk about stealing, and that if she does that again, she'll be pretty sorry. But I'm wondering if this is in the gene pool, seeing as how I have a couple nephews that had to have regular pocket checks and pat-downs every time they left someone's house. That's better to assume, because then I'm not to blame, right?

11 "atta girl"s:

Granny said...

ROFL! You found the perfect picture to go with that post!

Rebekah said...

What a happy face!

The Fox Den said...

That pic is the best! She is to cute and I don't believe she would "steal" anything.... she was just borrowing.

The Fox Den said...

Without asking... ;)

Stephanie Breuner said...

awesome picture. Was it taken the same day?

Trish said...

I'm still trying to figure out WHAT she could be playing with that involved a crayon, purple ear plug (chewed by Liam already), blue marble, and a AA battery. Was she watching Apollo 13 or something and trying to figure out how to get you all safely home?

Kristen said...

Steph, no this was taken around Thanksgiving by my sister Beth, but I thought it was an appropriate accessory to the story, and it resembles the face she made when I told her she could not keep the stolen items.

Tami said...

That's classic. And it made me laugh too, because Lauryn makes the SAME FACE! :-)

Melissa said...

Love the picture!! When Carrie did that she probably was just recalling the time when her mother swiped a half of a loaf of bread from the same house. And on the first visit!

shelley said...

Judging by the tract record of girls in her family, I would say "Next stop, let's cut our own hair!"

Bruce Judisch said...

Hey, you guys! Yup, I joined the world of the blogged. Thanks for looking in and leaving a note. Hope the kids liked the story! We'll be in touch. God bless. - b&j