CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

21 June 2007

tell me how much longer it'll grow stronger every day


As a few of you who read my blog know, I went on that very first date with Dave very tentatively, mostly because after all Aubrey had done to "encourage" him to ask me out, she'd have killed me if I declined. I had no idea that he was interested in me. He was older, graduated from MBI already, and so I kind of saw him as out of my league I guess. But I did kind of assume that he was also asking to get Aubrey off of his back, so thought it would most likely be a one time deal (not to mention that I wasn't sure he'd get past the call to "the Col."). Anyway, it took approximately an hour into the date before it hit me that "hey, I think he likes me!" and also that I might think he's pretty cool too. Then it took another 1/2 of our second date to realize that I was hooked. For good.

Its kind of funny -- we don't have those memories some have of being friends first, or even "hanging out" while trying to decide whether we'd date. We got to know each other quickly, haunting every coffee shop in walking distance of the school, falling in love about as fast as we could drink the coffee (and if you know us...)

Less than a year later, he put a ring on my finger, told me he never wanted to live without me, loved me more than he could say. And a few months after that, 10 years ago today, we said "forever". While I had jitters about the "wedding", and all the fussy planning that seems to be inevitable, I never had a second thought, couldn't get down that aisle fast enough. I was so ready to make this life which held things I couldn't have then imagined.

I won't try to begin describing what my heart says about him. He knows, and some of you do too. God knew what this little 20-year old girl needed to help her grow up, and to open her heart and mind to what was in store. Dave continues to amaze me in how he loves me, these great kids we collected, and most of all His God.

I'm afraid to blink, since I'm sure that as soon as I do I'll be posting about our second decade together. But I love knowing that its coming. Happy Anniversary babe -- now take me on a date.

12 "atta girl"s:

Nic Ridley said...

Happy Anniversary!

Candace/Chloe said...

Happy Anniversary, guys! Have a wonderful day!

dirksgirl said...

sweet, sweet...Happy Anniversary! Love to you both.

Alexander Family said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. And we can watch the kids. So go on that date!

Kristen said...

Thanks Jennifer, you're so sweet. Beth is here, so she's watching the kids while we go out tonight.

Granny said...

Your life and marriage are such a beautiful example, a vivid picture of what God intends for a Christian couple. God answered our prayers in giving you a husband who would strive to love you as Christ loves His church...I can hardly believe it's been a decade already! And yes, don't blink, or 34 will be hitting you between the eyes :-)

Grafted Branch said...

Happy Anniversary! Just surfing through on your mom's recommendation. Hope your day was as lovely as your marriage sounds.

Rebekah said...

Happy anniversary!

T2Irish said...

Blessings and many more decades of coffee to you ;-).!!! Congratulations!! Miss you much.

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Happy Anniversary!

Granny-there is nothing wrong with 34!!!(not that I would know since I am still celebrating umm several anniversaries of my 29th birthday!)

Johanna said...

Almost had me teary eyed to read how sincere this is - very you, very true, not frilly and whatnot - just beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Happy Anniversary! Wish you guys were here in San Antonio!!! ;(

The Fox Den said...

Wonderful entry! We are so thankful for you and Dave. You are an incredible couple, amazing parents and faithful friends! God is so very good. Love you, Jackie