CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

01 February 2007

sometimes late, when things are real and people share the gift of gab between themselves

Ok, no more football posts (other than to say GO COLTS!!!). I know we are sickly rabid fans, and the fact that we regularly give thanks for a whole network now dedicated to the NFL is probably a troublesome sign, yet we are what we are. Anyway, life as of late....

Liam is huge. He's almost 4 months, holding toys, talking to everyone, sleeping well too. He still hates the swing, car seat, and bottles. We've figured out that he somehow came with an "entitlement" complex, that I'm sure must have come from his father. We're enjoying watching him grow and change, but it happens so fast!!!

The other "chads" (my Dad's language) are good. They've been a bit sad about the lack of snow so far this winter, but we might get some today, so we're holding our breath. But it is cold, and we'll have some HIGHS in the teens! We're definitely not in Kansas, er...Texas anymore. Looks like in the spring we'll have Molly and Warren in a homeschool soccer league and they are really looking forward to that (guess that makes me a "soccer Mom"??), but the fact that I have kids old enough to be in soccer makes me feel old. Hopefully Henry and Carrie will enjoy watching the practices and not make life too difficult for me...what are the chances?

Within 2 weeks, my brother Nathan was in a car accident that totalled his truck and also fell 10 feet through the ceiling at the warehouse where he works! We are all amazed that he wasn't seriously injured either time. The fall sent him to the ER for tests/scans but nothing broken, just soreness and concussion. Maybe Nate is part cat.

Dad will be here next week!! We should get to have dinner with him a couple times while he's in town. And CJ will be 20 next week -- wow! In 3 weeks, Liam and I will head to San Antonio to see the fam, and drive to Dallas with my old homeschool-moms group for a conference. I'm looking forward to that and the fact that the rest of the family, including my grandparents, can finally meet the little man.

I'll try to get recent pics up soon. Maybe some snow pics if the weatherman isn't a big fat liar.

8 "atta girl"s:

Rebekah said...

Having kids in soccer is so much fun! You'll have to keep us updated on how that's going. I was concerned about Silas and how he would take to soccer as we have practices twice a week and doubleheaders on Saturdays and he is Karis' smallest fan. He sits and watches most of the time and cheers(just make sure you bring loads of food in case they don't want to watch - it keeps them quiet!). He's already learned how to kick a soccer ball.

Plus, being a soccer mom gives the Aunt-Rachel-with-a-cowbell-at-football-games
a whole new perspective! ;)

The Fox Den said...

All weatherman are liars, fat or not.. our weathergirl never tells the truth and she's always pregnant. So she's thin with a big belly- oh and she's not LDS she's Catholic and at the moment has 7 kids with one on the way! Please post more pics of your beautiful kids and no more of this Colt business ;) You know I love you!

Candace/Chloe said...

Yippee!!!!! Just three more weeks until I get to see you and Liam! Can't wait!

Granny said...

Sounds to me like you'd better bring Carrie with you, too :-/

sis said...

yeah, i don't really think i'll be 20 next week. i think everyone's lying.

i can't wait to see you!!!

Stephanie Breuner said...

Good to get an update. As you can see from my blog, uploading a picture is about all I have time for rihgt now. I started back to work last monday (mon-thurs)so this is my second monday. It was hard to leave Ella this morning. She started smiling last week alot and was doing so this morning as I had to walk out the door. I wanted to stay and see more.

Jason Alligood said...

Hey guys just a quick note to say hey. It's been a while. I found you thanks to google and looking up the Fuchs.

Contact me through www.solidusdoctrina.org

Jason Alligood

Kristen said...

Good to find you again Jason! Thanks for stopping by.