CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

19 October 2006

I don't want this feeling to go away...

....the cooler fall air, that is! I'm one of those people who is in a better mood when its cold. I get more accomplished, I'm nicer and I just have more fun. We are loving the fall temps here in VA! And the leaves are starting to turn, which makes it even better. We went to a U-pick pumpkin farm last Saturday down in Bluemont and had such a blast! The kids loved the farmyard petting zoo, a willow maze, huge 60' slides, a pumpkin bounce, all-you-can-eat apples, and of course a hayride to the pumpkin fields to pick our own. CJ went with us and was very diligent to keep Liam protected from the frigid 65 degree air by constantly smothering him in blankets. Speaking of the little man, he is doing great. I can't believe he's 2 weeks old now! He's sleeping well every-other night (better than none, I guess) and is pretty content during the day. He made it through his circumcision with very little crying -- in fact, I may have cried more than he did :-) What a sweet blessing he is, and we're just loving watching him grow and change already.

We had to finally say good-bye to Mom this week, as she needed to return home to her life. It was so nice to have her here for my labor, as well as having time with Liam and the kids for a couple weeks. She also bought great stuff to decorate our kitchen, which looks amazing now! I love being here in VA, but when family comes to visit and leaves, its a reminder how hard it is to be so far away from our families. We're thankful for visits whenever anyone wants to trek east!

Dave's parents come in this weekend to meet Liam, so we're looking forward to their visit! We haven't seen them in over a year, and the kids are anxious for them to get here. Stephanie (Dave's sis) and her family will drive down from Philly for a day or two so that we can all have some Slaughter-clan time together. And my Dad was lucky enough to get a work trip to Ft. Meade, MD, so he'll get to come meet Liam next week, too! Liam will have so much loving! And looks like they'll all get to be here to help us celebrate Liam's baptism on 29 Oct! That will be so wonderful.

I'm sure I'll have more pics in the coming days of our growing brood. They're just all so photogenic!






7 "atta girl"s:

Candace/Chloe said...

Ohhh, it sounds so great there! I can't wait for the cooler temps to arrive here. Today, it's a bit cooler......I actually have on a long-sleeve shirt!

It's so wonderful that your family comes to visit you often! Maybe someday I'll be able to come see you! Miss you and love you!

dok said...

hey, i look at it like this: if i'm busy thinking about how much a wish i had brought my down comforter on the hay ride, chances are, the baby is thinking the same thing.

The Fox Den said...

Ever since CJ was a little child she has always known best:) And I sincerely mean that! Thanks for being such a help to Kris and Dave!!!

Emily said...

You have beautiful kids :) i miss you guys!

shelley said...

*ahem* you could never tell from that first pic that you just had a baby.

I miss all yall!

Emily said...

Hello Slaughter Family! Liam is so handsome, as is the rest of the family! Amen to your comments about the colder weather--the East is much nicer these days. We miss you guys and Good News. We'll probably visit one of these Sundays.

By the way, I love all of your over-the-rhine references peppered throughout your blog! God Bless you!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Kristen & Dave,

You do make beautiful babies. Congrats on Liam. He's adorable. And you are right, don't blink. All of a sudden they are teenagers and looking at college and training whales and such. :-)

Yes, we are enjoying the SNOW and COLD weather in Colorado. Today was just gorgeous! All the trees were frosty and visibility was no more than 100 yards or so. Love it, love it, love it! We skipped fall and went straight into winter.