CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

06 October 2006

He that first made me still keeps me alive



Our newest treasure, William Halsey Slaughter (Liam) has arrived to meet us. I managed to go into labor on my due date, and Liam came just a few hours into the next day, at 2:24 am on Wednesday, 4 Oct. 2006. He's quite the little peanut, at only 7 lbs, 6 oz. and 20 in. Funny that #5 was my smallest baby, and its so nice to have such a tiny one to hold....I'm sure his "tiny"ness will vanish in no time.

My labor was blessedly short (as labors go) at only 4 hrs, and the delivery was very fast. I had the greatest support from my amazing husband -- I could never labor without him as my rock. Mom, who has been too 4 of my 5 births, was here also to help labor coach and love Liam upon arrival. And Annie and CJ were the aunts helping/baking/photographing throughout the birth. My midwife Liz was terrific and both she and her assistant helped make the birth so smooth and comfortable.

I'll add some pics of all the kids together soon -- they make quite a handsome group. We feel so blessed by a gracious God, and are enjoying our expanded family so much. Thanks to all who were praying and caring about us.

5 "atta girl"s:

shelley said...

He's so precious!! I love you!!!!!

The Fox Den said...

Wow! He's so tiny!! Congratulations to wonderful parents! Praise God for His goodness!

Stephanie said...

What a precious little guy! We're so happy for you guys. And how in the world do you and Dave look so cute when you're in the middle of labor?!? That's a very sweet picture of him being your labor support.

Granny said...

I'm crying looking at the pictures, and I was there! Liam is a treasure, and I've already started praying that he will grow into a mighty man of God and that he will be a blessing to all who know him. I am blessed by being in your home and watching you two honor the Father with the remarkable way you are raising your family. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of all this...

Stephanie Breuner said...

What a beautiful picture of you and Dave. Liam-a beautiful name. I look forward to seeing more pics.