CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

28 September 2005

words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm

I haven't written in a week, because I haven't trusted myself with thinking out loud. And those of you who know me know I'm very loud. I figured I would either complain, or avoid that by being fake. I don't like those options, so silence is better for a bit. Its been an interesting week, and its only Wednesday! Dave is finishing his first week at Target as I type this. It has been hard, but he has been amazing. He works from 10pm until 6am, sleeps a couple hours, and then heads out for landscaping work. If he's lucky, he gets a short nap when he's done, before he heads back to Target again. He is certainly tired, but he is grateful for God's provision and is willing to do whatever is needed for our family. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for not only his desire to work hard for us, but also his hopeful and positive attitude about a situation that doesn't seem ideal to anyone. He is so good, and I am so blessed.

I can see so clearly how God is using this time in my life to put so much of what I say I believe to the test. I like to call this "theology lab". What happens when I have to really act like I know God is sovereign? What about this hard day...did he really plan this hard day before the foundation of the world? I'm thankful to serve a patient God who loves me despite my reluctance to be a fast learner. I've been humming Rich's "I may falter in my steps, but never beyond Your reach..." Good thing that unlike us weird humans, God doesn't drop us just because we're stupid. And I can be very stupid.
So I am giving thanks tonight for every little thing I can think of. I guess I usually wait for the big, huge things to happen before I spend a lot of time being thankful. And that's not really thankful, is it? I'm learning.

6 "atta girl"s:

Granny said...

Kudos to Dave for taking this step and faithfully doing what it takes to provide for his sweet family. We are praying that God will reveal his purposes and His will here. . .no, it doesn't seem ideal but I guess it's one of the squares to fill in "theology lab." And it's evidence that you two are working together to make your dreams come true. I love you both.

Anne said...

man i miss you guys!! rememeber when we all lived together at your old house, and how we'd have pizza and beer and watch "drop dead gorgeous" (more evidence of dave's patience with silly girls), and how y'all never harrassed me about coming in at 2am, and how on my day off i'd sleep til noon and then we'd sit around with molly and wait for dave to get home and make that tool shed blueberry coffeecake, and how it made us fat so we had to go on the atkins diet together... That was the GOOD life.

Kristen said...

Dave says he misses those day so much, always whines how he misses Annie. Maybe when you come we can make Caleb watch "Gorgeous", whaddaya think? And I miss that cake....DAAAAAAVE!

Kristen said...

Thanks Misty...used to live my life for DePeche Mode. Now I primarily live my life for a few hours without a stinky diaper and hoping I get a shower once every 48 hrs, but I don't miss the old days. Not a bit.

The Fox Den said...

I hope it's ok if I join in on the family fun! It's so fun to see the pic of Anne and her other half, beautiful! Dave and Kristen, you have a beautiful family and your wonderful parents... Regardless of the circumstances, (this place is not our home anyway) make sure you go on a date every once in awhile! There's got to be a Bible verse somewhere about that :)

Love you! Jackie

Kristen said...

Jackie, you're family anyway, so join in anytime. I love you too!