CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

29 April 2008

and I think to myself, "what a wonderful world!"

I have to brag up my incredibly talented father-in-law, who blessed us with this beautiful painting as an early anniversary present! Vic has always been a wonderful artist, but has had much more time for his painting and sketching since he retired. Every now and then he sends snapshots of his most recent creations, and I have been faithfully whining to him that I didn't have any of his work on my wall...and that whining finally paid off ;-) Dave is frequently homesick for his native Pacific Northwest, and so I told Vic that I'd love a scene with Mt. Hood in the background, and I love this one with Lost Lake in view. Having this in my living room reminds me that of all the places I've lived and visited (that's a lot), the NW is my favorite. Despite some of the crazy people that live up there (no, not you Steph & Kevin!), Dave would love to move back someday, and I'd gladly follow.

6 "atta girl"s:

Granny said...

THAT'S GORGEOUS!! Go Vic!

And I understand wanting to live near those mountains, but hey, what about the mountains right here in our back yard...don't you miss those?

Oh, wait...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful painting!

Alexander Family said...

What a wonderful talent. Would love to have just half that much ability to paint like that. I am sure it looks great on your wall.

The Fox Den said...

It's fantastic! So much creativity on Dave's side. The NW is definately closer to me.. I vote that you move there.

Jennifer Meysenburg said...

I am always in need of a friend especially one with a large fam! When that someday comes around maybe we could be neighbors! Love the new background!

Stephanie Breuner said...

I am so glad Vic has had time to pursue his interests. Gifts like that are so special.