CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

24 October 2007

hello? (hello, hello?) is anybody in there? just nod if you can hear me.

I'm pretty sure you feel like there is no point in checking my blog, seeing as how there has been nothing new for a while. I was just telling Jackie that I am so impressed that she blogs every day or two, always w/ cute pics and/or something interesting to say. Being interesting is, of course, a prerequisite for that routine, so maybe I'll find something else to impress everyone.

The SlaughterHouse is lighter than ever before. No one has gone on a crash diet, but I went on a massive closet-purging spree, and so went a ridiculous amount of junk we didn't need. Living in tight quarters has finally forced me to attempt some greater organizational techniques, but even that was impossible until I was much more picky about what each of us can own, keep, and keep put away. Even cleaning was next-to-impossible with very little floor/wall space exposed. Things are looking better every day, and I'm feeling successful (Dave as the dutiful husband is telling me I have done a great job, but you know Dave, he'd say that anyway). But you probably shouldn't ask my kids how they feel about me eliminating 1/3 of their belongings....they haven't figured it out yet. I'm hoping it'll be Christmas before they notice, and then their new loot should be a permanent distraction from "lost" treasures.

Warren is doing well recovering from Lyme. We still have another week and a half on his meds, and then hopefully leave this chapter behind us. He seems to have been back to his normal self since 2 weeks into the antibiotics -- that was so good to see. He even played goalie in his soccer game last week, and did a wonderful job!

In 2 days, we head up to the Poconos, to spend a couple days with Rob, Steph and kids, and Dave's parents. We haven't seen his folks in a year, and the kids are soooo excited. They'll come down to our house afterwards, and spend a week here in VA. Depending on weather, we hope to go apple picking and a couple more fall-ish activities (of which I will try to get some pics so that I'll have a reason to update this blog again!).

After about 3 Indian summers so far, I'm hoping that today's cold front is not an impostor. These new sweaters that I bought with my birthday gift cards (waving to awesome sisters) are sitting in my closet mocking me, complete with their tags. And I'm pretty sure they are saying, "Texas followed you East". And that's just not right. I'm praying that it gets so cold here, that CJ and Aubrey will feel it from 1500 miles away.

More later? Don't hold your breath too long.

7 "atta girl"s:

Granny said...

Well here in Texas we're all shivering...low was 42 last night! And it's still October! We DID get to wear, and exult in, our sweaters yesterday :-)

Rebekah said...

Have a great weekend! Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories when you get back!

Kristen said...

We've had a couple lows in the 40s, but by midday its 70-something, so the sweater seems presumptuous.

Stephanie Breuner said...

it' been almost 70 degrees the last couple of days here in the Pacific NW too. For me it's a good thing because I too purged my clothes closet after giving birth to Ella and now I have hardly any long sleeved items. Have you heard of the FlyLady? http://www.flylady.net http://www.flylady.net/join.asp
I have really enjoyed getting her daily Yahoo updates on keeping my house and life clean and organized. It's really quite a brilliant and non-guilt inducing method/way of life. And it's free!

Kristen said...

Yes, I sometimes read the flylady. I still have guilt though, since I'm the worst at organizing. Trying to get better though.

The Fox Den said...

What a great piece and a good distraction after my day! Hope you get sweatery weather soon...

sis said...

i'm already feeling your sweater weather. thanks. i was hoping my new sweaters would stay in my closet, complete with tags.