CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

07 March 2007

I was raised up family

Here are some grandparent pictures from our weekend in TX. It was too short, but it was so good to see them all. Grandma & Pawpop both wanted to take a million pictures with Liam, and they were so happy to finally meet him. Pawpop is the original William in the Warren family, and now that he has another namesake he's pretty proud. He does refuse to refer to our little guy as "Liam", preferring instead to call him "Little Will". I think when you're 83 and still feeling good enough to tar a roof, you can pretty much do whatever you want.


Grandma June was (and still is) in a rehab hospital after a scary spell that is still somewhat of a mystery. She has Parkinson's and in the 16 months since I had seen her, has not done well. It was hard to see her like that, but we are hopeful with some new meds and therapy that she'll be home soon and can lead a more normal life again for a while. I was so glad for even a brief visit after so long away.
I think so often what a blessing it has been in my life to have known all 4 of my grandparents into my adult years, and have known 5 of my great-grandparents in my childhood, along with one great-great-grandmother! God has been so gracious, and I hope that I'm around to see that many generations of our family.

4 "atta girl"s:

Granny said...

What a lovely post...and it was a lovely visit indeed, although way too short. Too many miles in between.

Candace/Chloe said...

Sweet pictures! I'm so thankful I got to spend time with you during your too-short visit! Come back soon!

sis said...

that first picture with pawpop is adorable!

The Fox Den said...

Beautiful! You are the most blessed, best friend I'll ever have! Love the pics and that you got to spend such a wonderful time with your family!