CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

19 April 2007

look inside for the elusive goldmine


I'm so excited!! Tonight Dave and I are going on a date for the first time since last year, and to make it even better, we'll be listening to Over The Rhine in concert! OTR is one of my FAVORITE bands of all time (maybe tying with Toad the Wet Sprocket for 1st place) and we haven't seen them live since we were dating. Speaking of dating, one bit of Slaughter nostalgic trivia for you...today is the 11th anniv. of our first date :-) Now, our first date did happen to include Aubrey, Dirk and tiny baby Jonathan, but it counts nonetheless. Can't believe its been that long. Wow. Anyway, you should be jealous of us tonight. And if you're not, why not? One thing that you could do to make your life better is listen to OTR. Trust me.
UPDATE: Yeah, that's why we love them. It was phenomenal, to say the least (and fun to be there with you Janelle!). Hope we'll see them live more than once a decade **sigh** FYI, sis...Karin opened with "Born"...wish you could have been there.

9 "atta girl"s:

dirksgirl said...

Ok, Im 2/3 jealous of you...like OTR but dont love them...love Dave but dont want to go out on a date w/ him ever again...wish D&I could go w/ you! Cant believe you remember the date of the DATE. I worked hard at trying to forget nursing Jonathan in the back of a Honda Civic hatchback.

Emily said...

Wow! I wish that I had known they're in our area. I have loved OTR since high school. I did get to see them perform in Hollywood, but that was 6 years ago! Well, Enjoy!! Hope you are all well.

God Bless!

Candace/Chloe said...

Sorry about this Kristen.....and you may not be my friend after this, but......WHO is OTR??????

Hope you had a great date!!!!! Love you!

Kristen said...

I'm still your friend Candace..everyone has room for improvement :-) Over the Rhine is a great indie band, kind of folk/rock/blues sound. My kind of music, but not very mainstream, hence not much radio play. They've been a favorite since college.

sis said...

Oh Candace, have we taught you nothing? You'll have to borrow my OTR collection. :)

Born is my favorite song ever! (maybe tied with Poughkeepsie) I'm way jealous. But I'm so glad y'all finally got to see them, especially after the Christmas concert fiasco. Maybe we can all go together someday...

Nic Ridley said...

Woohoo! We're going on our first date tonight since CJ came along too. =)

Stephanie said...

Glad I'm not the only one, Candace!

Date? Alone with your hubby? I think I may remember what that's like...

Candace/Chloe said...

Oh sis, please enlighten me and educate me in my lack of musical knowledge. I'd love to borrow your collection!

Thank you so much, Kristen, for still loving me......I don't know what I'd do without ya! ;-)

The Fox Den said...

I'm only jealous that you got to hang out with Janelle! Can't wait til Sept ;)